Throughout Pieśń Lodu i Ognia, numerous cultural and regional dialects are discussed. These dialects form the world's spoken tongue, and help define it's people.
Unlike Tolkien, who created entire languages, including grammar, syntax, and tenses. Martin has created only a few words from each language, his languages are not conveyed in any great detail. Instead, the tongue in which they are speaking is noted but rendered in English, with added characteristics and flavour portrayed through out the text.
|“||"I don't have a whole imaginary language in my desk here, the way Tolkien did."
Tolkien was a philologist, and an Oxford don, and could spend decades laboriously inventing Elvish in all its detail. I, alas, am only a hardworking SF and fantasy novel, and I don't have his gift for languages. That is to say, I have not actually created a Valyrian language. The best I could do was try to sketch in each of the chief tongues of my imaginary world in broad strokes, and give them each their characteristic sounds and spellings.
However for the release of HBO's Gra o Tron, a actual spoken Język Dothraków has been developed. This language takes cues from George R. R. Martin's few bits of published words, and expands greatly upon it. A website, dothraki.org, has been created to help teach and spread the constructed tongue. Film critic and indie director Lee Demarbre has called the language the "new Klingon".
Języki of Westeros
Although there are many spoken languages on Westeros, only two are native to it: the Old Tongue, the language of the Pierwsi Ludzie that dominated westeros thousands of years and the Andalowie language, today known as the Wspólny Język, which was introduced during the andal invasion/migration and superseded the old tongue since. Another major migration to westeros was the made by the Rhoynarowie, however they have assimilated and their own language has disappeared since.
Today, the Old Tongue is still remembered by the folks in the far north, while most people within the Siedem Królestw, know no other language than the Wspólny Język. Although there are minor variations to it from place to place, Dornijczycy can communicate with Północmen without difficulty. Foreign tongues are taught in the Cytadela; otherwise, otherwise, they are brought from other lands by immigrants, merchants, sellswords, and the like.
Języki across the narrow sea
many languages exist on the continent across the narrow sea. The most important is Starovalyriański, the language of the old Valyriańskie Włości, spoken now in bastardized version across its remnants.
- Język Dothraków, is the language of the Dothrakowie, the indigenous inhabitants of the Dothrakowie Sea in the series Pieśń Lodu i Ognia written by George R. R. Martin.
- Starovalyriański, was the language the Valyria empire, before the Doom came and it fell apart.
- Low Valyrian, Bastard Valyrian, as it is also called, is the language of the nine Wolne Miasta and the Slaver Cities, Each of the cities has it's own dialect, and each dialect likely has it's own separate derived vocabulary.
- Ghiscari - is largely extinct tongue, spoken five thousand years ago by the Ghiscari people of ancient Ghis, destroyed by the Valyriańskie Włości. Ghiscari was supplemented by a bastardised vestion of High Valyrian, though it is still spoken by some and engraved Ghiscari glyphs can be found on various objects of old.
- Language of Asshai, The people of Asshai, are well versed in witchcraft and wizardry, and have a language of their own, used in their spells (as did the Valyrians).
- Lhazareen - is described as singsong 
- Lato (wilkor) Tongue, Wyspy Letnie have their own language.
- The Trade Tongue - The trade tongue is often spoken, a coarse argot that has developed using words from a dozen languages (many of them insults) and hand gestures 
- Other Języki
- The Dzieci Lasu, said to sing in the True Tongue.
- The Inni' Language, described as sounding like cracking of ice on a winter lake. In the Gra o Tron Tv show, It was named "Skroth".
- Dothrakowie wiki, on languages
||Ten artykuł lub sekcja jest nieprzetłumaczony. Możesz pomóc Wiki „Pieśni Lodu i Ognia” przetłumaczyć go.|