Island and Castle
|Lokalizacja||Westeros, Czarna Zatoka.|
|Zarządca||Ród Baratheonów ze Smoczej Skały , Feudal Lord.|
|Religia||Wiara w Siedmiu (former), Cult of R'hllor|
|Założony||400 years ago, by the Targaryans.|
Smocza Skała is the name of the island located at the entrance to Czarna Zatoka and the castle thereon, which was shaped from stone to look like smoks. Smocza Skała was the original seat of Ród Targaryenów in Westeros during the Valyriańskie Włości, later serving as the seat of their heir apparent ("The Prince of Smocza Skała") after their conquest of the Siedem Królestw. After Robert Baratheon overthrew the Targaryens, he gave the island to his brother Stannis, creating Ród Baratheonów ze Smoczej Skały.
Smocza Skała is a volcanic island at the mouth of Czarna Zatoka, created by the active volcano, Smokmount. The castle of Smocza Skała is a small fortress located on the face of the volcano. Outside its walls sits a small fishing village on the stormy coast.
Beneath the mountain Smokmount are rich deposits of smokglass. A short distance off the coast is the island of Driftmark, which is the seat of Ród Velaryonów, another Valyrian house. Smocza Skała, though old and strong, commands the allegiance of only a few lesser lords whose islands are too thinly populated to provide any great numbers of troops.
Smocza Skała was built using advanced Valyrian techniques of masonry that were lost in the Doom, causing it to look unique among all the castles in Westeros. The citadel of Smocza Skała is wrought all of black stone, its towers carved into the shapes of smoks, and thousands of gargoyles carved into various shapes serve as crenellations along the three curtain walls. The design of the castle is very smok oriented. Small smoks frame gates and smok claws hold torches. A pair of great wings cover the armory and smithy, and tails form archways and staircases.
The Stone Drum is the central keep of Smocza Skała, named as such because of the booming sound made by the powerful winds during storms. Cells in the dungeons beneath the citadel are warmer than they ought to be, but as dank as one might expect for an isle such as Smocza Skała. It is said that there are shafts and secret stairs leading further below into the heart of the Smokmont. The Stone Drum is connected to the dungeon tower by a high stone bridge that arches over emptiness.
The Chamber of the Painted Table, located on the top floor of the Stone Drum, is a round room, with four tall windows, overlooking the north, south, east and west. It holds a large table, carved and painted in the form of a detailed map of Westeros. Here, Aegon the Conqueror planned for the Invasion of Westeros. The Painted Table is more than fifty feet long: roughly twenty-five feet wide at its widest point and four feet at its thinnest. At the precise location of Smocza Skała is a raised seat that allows the occupant to view the entire map.
- The Great Hall and Kitchens, The Great Hall is carved in the shape of a huge smok lying on its belly; its doors are set in the mouth and those entering pass through its mouth. The kitchens resemble a curled up smok where the smoke and heat vented through its nostrils.
- Aegon's Garden, The garden lies near the arch of the Smok's Tail. Within its confines grow tall trees on every side, as well as wild roses. Cranberries grow in a boggy spot. Aegon's Garden has a pleasant pine scent.
- Windwyrm, Windwyrm is one of the towers of Smocza Skała. It is shaped like a smok and arches into the sky, screaming defiantly.
- Sea Smok Tower, Sea Smok Tower is shaped like a smok at peace, facing the sea. The maester's chambers lie in this tower, below the rookery. The stairs of the tower are narrow and twisting. Going down the stairs of the Sea Smok Tower, one must then cross the gallery, pass through both the middle and inner walls with their gargoyles and black iron gates, and climb even more steps to reach the Chamber of the Painted Table.
- Septuary, Smocza Skała's sept contains carved statues of the seven aspects of the Wiara w Siedmiu's god. The Crone has pearl eyes, the Father a gilded beard, and the Stranger looks more animal than human. They had been carved from the masts of the ships that carried the first Targaryens to Smocza Skała, and many layers of paint and varnish have been applied to them over the centuries. The sept has several altars and stained glass as well. 
It is said that Aegon the Conqueror knelt to pray in Smocza Skała's sept the night before he sailed to conquer the Siedem Królestw. This may be apocryphal, as Aegon only publicly converted when he reached Stare Miasto during his invasion - the sept could have been constructed after that fact.
A century or so before the Zagłada Valyrii, Ród Targaryenów, a noble Valyrian house, took possession of the island and built a castle upon it, which became the westernmost outpost of the Valyriańskie Włości. The castle towers were shaped by Valyrian magic to look like smoks, giving it the name Smocza Skała. Roughly a century after the Doom, Aegon I launched his invasion of the continent, conquering six of the Siedem Królestw. He established the city of Królewska Przystań where he first made landfall at the mouth of the Blackwater Rush. Królewska Przystań became the capital and Smocza Skała became the seat of the heir apparent, who was styled Prince of Smocza Skała.
During Rebelia Roberta, the castle became the last haven of the remaining Targaryens. Queen Rhaella and Prince Viserys were evacuated there before Królewska Przystań fell to the rebels. Rhaella gave birth to Princess Daenerys during a terrific storm and died shortly afterwards. As rebel forces under Ser Stannis Baratheon prepared to lay siege to Smocza Skała, the last scions of Ród Targaryenów fled the castle for Braavos with the help of Ser Willem Darry.
After the war, the castle passed to Stannis. Lord Stannis resented the castle because its lands were far poorer than those of Koniec Burzy, which he felt was his due as heir of Ród Baratheonów. He considered the castle to be an insult, but Robert felt a strong leader should be placed in the old Targaryen seat.
During the Wojna Pięciu Królów, the poor lands of Smocza Skała gave King Stannis few supporters for his claim to the throne. After his defeat at the Bitwa nad Czarnym Nurtem, he returned there to plot his next move. After he left to help the Nocna Straż, forces loyal to King Tommen commanded by Lord Paxter Redwyne laid siege to the island. Later, Ser Loras Tyrell of the Gwardia Królewska took command and stormed the castle, taking it at a heavy cost to himself and his forces.
References and Notes
||Ten artykuł lub sekcja jest nieprzetłumaczony. Możesz pomóc Wiki"Pieśni Lodu i Ognia" przetłumaczyć go.|