Valyriańska stal is a magical alloy invented in Valyria and used to make weapons of unparalleled quality. It is the spells and magic that make the steel special. Valyriańska stal blades are lighter, stronger, and sharper than even the best castle-forged steel, and feature distinctive rippled patterns similar to Damascus steel. Most Valyriańska stal blades in Westeros are treasured heirlooms of noble houses, each with its own name and storied history. It is likely that most of the Valyriańska stal swords were brought to westros by the Targaryens, after the Zagłada Valyrii.
Only the greatest weaponsmiths can reforge swords from existing Valyriańska stal, but the secret of creating such an alloy was apparently lost with Valyria, making those remaining weapons highly treasured and extremely rare. The blacksmiths of Qohor claim to know how to reforge Valyriańska stal, and Tobho Mott did reforge Lód at the request of the Lannisters, in Królewska Przystań.
List of known Valyriańska stal blades
Known to still exist:
- Widow's Wail; One of two Valyrian blades reforged by Tobho Mott from Lód. The blade was made for King Joffrey Baratheon as a wedding gift by his grandfather, Lord Tywin. Where it was given its name from the shouted suggestion of an unnamed guest. Following Joffrey's death, ownership of Widow's Wail has presumably passed to his younger brother, King Tommen.
- Oathkeeper; One of two Valyrian blades reforged by Tobho Mott from Lód. The blade was made for Ser Jaime Lannister, but he has given it to Brienne z Tarthu for use in her quest to locate Sansa Stark. The blade was given its name, Oathkeeper, at that time.
- Heartsbane, the ancestral two handed greatsword of Ród Tarlych, currently in the possession of Lord Randyll Tarly.
- Longclaw, the ancestral Valyriańska stal bastard sword of Ród Mormontów. Currently in the possession of Jon Snow.
- Lady Forlorn, the ancestral sword of Ród Corbrayów, it is currently in the possession of Ser Lyn Corbray.
- The dagger with smokbone hilt wielded by Bran Stark's failed assassin, and currently in the possession of Petyr Baelish.
- Lód, the ancestral two handed greatsword of Ród Starków. Following Eddard Stark's execution in Królewska Przystań, it was melted down and reforged into two longswords(those being Widow's Wail and Oathkeeper).
- Blackfyre, the sword of Aegon I Targaryen. Carried by all Targaryen kings till Aegon IV who gave it to his bastard Daemon Blackfyre who rose in rebellion against the Targaryens, taking the sword's name for his house. Its whereabouts are currently unknown.
- Brightroar, the ancestral sword of Ród Lannisterów, lost when King Tommen II Lannister of the Rock sailed to Valyria and never returned.
- Dark Sister, the sword wielded by Visenya Targaryen. The last known owner was Bloodraven.
References and Sources
- Producing Valyrian Steel. (March 11, 2001) So Spake Martin
||Ten artykuł lub sekcja jest nieprzetłumaczony. Możesz pomóc Wiki „Pieśni Lodu i Ognia” przetłumaczyć go.|